Ethics / Corporate Responsibility
Insurance Brokers have a simple mandate – without compromise, always act in the best interests of our clients and stakeholders.
The consumer of insurance products and services rely on the insurance broker to arrange an insurance program that meets their coverage expectations at a market competitive price.
Insurance brokers also hold money in trust on behalf of policyholders and insurance companies / agencies. This also places additional compliance obligations that are strictly monitored and subject to external audit.
Insurance Brokers are regulated by ASIC under the Finance Services regime. Focus Insurance Brokers Pty Ltd holds AFSL 426797. This allows us to provide advice and deal in general insurance products.
We also adhere to the Insurance Brokers Code of Conduct that provides that brokers:
- Act in the best interests of the client;
- Provide advice and guidance to enable clients to make informed decisions on risk and insurance protection;
- Provide full and accurate information for effective underwriting;
- Respect the client’s confidentiality in relation to all records and information;
- Ensure the validity and accuracy of all documentation;
- Make available all relevant documentation, policies, certificates, endorsements, and premium calculations, as may be required;
- Be professional, efficient and responsive in all dealings;
- In the event of a claim, take every step necessary to ensure prompt and fair settlement;
- Act in the spirit of this Code and encourage others to do likewise.